Tests the candidate’s ability to apply the skills and knowledge necessary for Data Integration Development in the SAS environment
Successful candidates should be skilled in tasks such as
- defining architecture of the platform for SAS Business Analytics
creating metadata for source and target data
- creating metadata for target data and jobs
- working with transformations
- working with tables and table loader transformation
- working with slowly changing dimensions
- defining generated transformations
- deploying jobs.
SAS Data Integration Developer Exam A00-260 Requirement Details:
|Required Exam to Appear for Data Integration Developer SAS Certification
Candidates who earn this credential will have earned a passing score on the SAS Data Integration Development for SAS 9 exam. This exam based on SAS 9.4 using Data Integration Studio 4.8 and is administered by SAS and Pearson VUE.
- 76 multiple-choice questions (must achieve score of 70% correct to pass)
- 105 minutes to complete exam
- Use exam ID A00-260; required when registering with Pearson VUE.
SAS Data Integration Developer Programming Exam topics Details:
- Define the architecture of the platform for SAS Business Analytics.
- Describe the available interfaces including:
- SAS Data Integration Studio
- DataFlux Data Management Studio
- Define the change management feature of SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Discuss the DataFlux Data Management Server.
|Creating Metadata for Source and Target Data
- Define administrative tasks to be performed for SAS
- Data Integration Studio.
- Describe the New Library Wizard.
- Use Register Tables wizard to register source data.
- Use Register Tables wizard to register metadata for a
- Microsoft Access database table using ODBC.
- Register metadata for a comma-delimited external file.
- Import and Export Metadata.
|Creating Metadata for Target Data and Jobs
- Describe features of the New Table wizard.
- Discuss SAS packages.
- Export metadata to a SAS package.
- Import metadata from a SAS package.
- Discuss importing and exporting of relational metadata.
- Discuss components of Join’s Designer window including:
- Navigate pane
- SQL clauses pane
- Tables pane
- Properties pane
- Investigate mapping and propagation.
- Work with performance statistics.
- Enable/disable performance statistics.
- Be able to view performance statistics.
- Generate reports on metadata for tables and jobs.
- Define Impact and Reverse Impact Analysis.
- Import macro-based SAS code.
- Import SAS code.
|Working with Transformations
- Discuss and use the Extract and Summary Statistics transformation.
- Discuss and use the Loop transformations.
- Iterate a job.
- Iterate a transformation.
- Investigate where status handling is available.
- Explain the functionality of the Data Validation transformation.
- Identify and configure the three types of validations.
- Configure an error table and an exception table for data validation.
- Discuss and use the Rank, Transpose, Append, List and Sort transformations.
- Discuss and use the Apply Lookup Standardization transformation.
- Discuss and use the Compare Tables transformation.
- Discuss and use transformations in the SQL grouping of transformations.
- Apply and use the Standardize with Definition transformation.
|Working with Tables and the Table Loader Transformation
- Discuss reasons to use the Table Loader transformation.
- Discuss various load styles provided by the Table Loader transformation.
- Discuss various types of keys and how to define in SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Discuss indexes and how to define in SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Discuss Table Loader options for keys and indexes.
- Discuss the Bulk Table Loader transformation.
|Working with Slowly Changing Dimensions
- List the functions of the SCD Type 2 transformation.
- Define business keys.
- Define surrogate and retained keys.
- Detect and track changes.
- Discuss the Lookup transformation.
- Discuss the SCD Type 1 Loader.
|Defining Generated Transformations
- Define SAS code transformation templates.
- Create a custom transformation
- Discuss the types of job deployment available for SAS Data Integration Studio Jobs.
- Provide an overview of the scheduling process.
- Discuss the types of scheduling servers.
- Discuss the Schedule Manager in SAS Management Console.
- Discuss batch servers.
- Describe deployment of SAS Data Integration Studio jobs as a SAS Stored Process.
How to Prepare for SAS Data Integration Developer Certification?
Experience is a critical component to becoming a SAS Certified Professional. These resources are designed to help you prepare.
SAS Data Integration Developer Certification Online practice exams
SAS Data Integration Developer Certification Questions PDF for A00-260